WhiteWater West is seeking a detail-oriented Accounts Payable Clerk to join the Accounting team at our Richmond Head Office! Reporting to the Payroll & Accounting Manager, and will join a team of 4 AP clerks where you are primarily responsible for processing and preparing payment for expenses purchased on personal and corporate credit cards. You will also assist with other vendor accounts payable transactions as required. Our ideal candidate enjoys detail-oriented work, has a friendly and positive attitude and is very comfortable communicating with various employees at all levels of the organization.
- Check and process expenses purchased on personal and corporate credit cards and ensure expenses are purchased in accordance to company policy.
- Ensure proper tax calculation on the expense statement by checking the receipts.
- Download and process online credit card data
- Prepare payment schedule
- Process Corporate credit card related journal entry
- Follow up consistently with outstanding credit card statements
- Reconcile Corporate credit card GL account
- Train new hires on submitting expense report
- Maintain expense report instruction manual
- Verifies invoices by ensuring proper extensions, taxes, coding and approval matches Levels of Authority matrix
- Receives project related invoices
- Prepare and enter batches of invoices
- Prepare weekly cheque runs, wire transfers and EFT payments
- Prepare cheques for signature, obtain signatures and forward to vendors
- Prepare manual cheques for EFT and wire payments
- Maintains new vendor setup and vendor files
- Completes vendor credit applications
- Reconciliation of vendor statements and follow-up of outstanding invoices
- Resolve invoice and receiving discrepancies
You Will Also
- Respond to e-mail, voicemail and general inquiries regarding policy clarification and payment schedule
- Work in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles while ensuring proper internal control procedures and corporate policies are followed
- Reception back-up
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Proven data entry speed of at least 8000 KPH
- Must have fluent spoken and written English communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exposed to foreign currency transactions
- Excellent knowledge of PST and GST
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Solomon an asset
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Lunch time yoga and meditation classes
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account $$
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates are required to complete a pre-employment background check which includes, references, criminal, credit, and identity checks.
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open-door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.