WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a business casual dress code, collaborative, open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.
Position Attraction Install Technician
Department Project Services
Reports to Construction Manager
Attraction Technicians act as foremen and assist the Attractions Install Coordinator / Advisor / Senior Advisor in leading the installation of waterpark and attractions equipment in conformance with engineering drawings as well as WWI and industry standards. This position is a blend of support, training of local install crews and hands-on product assembly, repair and maintenance work in an international construction environment. Intermediate role between site install teams and Coordinators/Advisors, leading install crews, performing repair and maintenance tasks.
The Attraction Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Executes independent repair jobs, acts as a foreman on job sites and manages small crews.
- Assists the Site Construction Coordinator/Supervisor in Inventorying of manufactured components.
- Assists in the sequencing of work to ensure the most expeditious installation of materials. .
- Documents minutes of meetings with Client and General Contractor.
- Identifies and reports any cost savings opportunities to the Attractions Install Advisor and Project Manager.
- Reporting of daily activity, including timecards and expenses, and progress on site to the applicable project manager and construction manager.
- Assists in the certification with the Site Construction Supervisor to ensure that it has been installed pursuant to the engineering drawings, site policies and industry standards.
- Executes responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards within the country where work is performed.
- Responsible for Job Site tool integrity, inventory, tracking and issuing tools.
- Daily co-ordination with Attraction Install Advisor to aid in slide installation.
- Scheduling of tasks, co-ordination and participating of the fiberglass pre-assembly.
- Detailing slide part or attractions pre-assembly.
- Assisting with supervision of installation crew.
- Sourcing and ordering supplier/materials.
- Assisting and taking part in pre-assembly of fiberglass when required.
- Practice 5S on site – Sort, Straighten Out, Shine, Standardize and Sustain the practice.
- Continuous improvement of self.
- Contributes to culture of development/sustenance of Continuous Improvement and Lean philosophies
- Respect for people through positive communication, consideration and collaborative relationships
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years’ construction site supervision experience.
- Previous experience with an international equipment supplier an asset.
- Education: Supervisory Skills Certificate and Trades Qualification (TQ) certification are preferred in the areas of carpentry, ironworking, electrical, surveying and/or welding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and MS Project software packages.
- Numeracy skills, to enable scaling of drawings, checking measurements/angles and doing calculations.
- The ability to read engineering drawings and interpret their meaning for construction.
- Must be legally allowed to work in the USA and internationally.
- Must be willing to travel extensively internationally and must have a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Depending upon the jurisdiction and site rules, drug and alcohol testing may be required.
- English language proficiency is required. The ability to speak other languages including Mandarin, Spanish or Hindi is also an asset.
Thank you for your interest in this position!
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Include your cover letter and resume in your application with the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only candidates who are eligible to accept employment in the USA WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.