WhiteWater West is seeking an intermediate level Electrical Controls Engineer/Technologist to join our Mechatronics Engineering Team at our Richmond head office! You will design automated control systems for complex water amusement rides. This includes PLC programming, system electrical design, and ride commissioning. This is a key role that ensures new rides attain a technical design advantage that meets the high-quality standards set forth by the company.
Work closely with a team of engineers and technologists to develop control systems for complex amusement rides and slides. The goal is to create thrilling yet safe ride systems. Starting with the ride specification and hazard analysis, you will define ride operation and safety features, which are further refined into sensors, safety blocks and operator consoles managed by a PLC program. In addition to sensor monitoring, the PLC program will control pumps, conveyors and other ride systems. You will be responsible for component selection, PLC programming, testing, and controls commissioning. This is a challenging position that may involve international travel 3 to 4 times a year.
- Electrical engineering or similar degree with 2– 3 years PLC programming experience. (Technologist degree with greater experience considered)
- Experience designing control systems for machine safety (to EN 13849-1)
- Experience programming safety PLCs and HMIs
- Experience controlling motors, pumps and VFDs
- Familiarity with the Canadian CSA C22.1 or NEC NFPA-70 electrical codes
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Siemens S7 PLC series and the TIA Portal programming environment
- Experience with hazard analysis for complex machine systems
- Experience designing and/or building electrical panels
- Experience with photo eye, proximity sensors, water flow and level sensors
- Computer networking experience
- Hands-on mechanical skills are an asset
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns and culture of fun!
- Lunch time yoga and meditation classes
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Annual Health Spending Account $$
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.