WhiteWater West is seeking a Mechanical Designer, Senior to join our AquaPlay Engineering Team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will be a key contributor to the design and engineering of WhiteWater products using 2D and 3D modelling design tools. You will maintain the design library, adhere to established design processes and participate in process improvement initiative task forces as required. Senior Mechanical Designers check their own work products as well as those of others for conformance to accepted standards, accuracy and completeness.
- Review project contract, specifications and client supplied information to determine the scope of work.
- Prepare engineering drawings and create or improve CAD models.
- Review and check engineering drawings from Junior and Intermediate Mechanical Designers.
- Coach and mentor team members to improve design skills and processes.
- Coordinate with the Lead Designer and Project Manager to ensure that all client requirements are identified and that they are aligned with Whitewater product lines.
- Identify the nature and extent of any customization required.
- Co-ordinate with other departments and outside suppliers as required in order to ensure integration with other aspects of each project.
- Create fabrication drawings for use by our manufacturers or coordinate fabrication designs with theming.
- Create and quality check engineering deliverables (principally drawings and bills of materials) for accuracy, completeness and adherence to applicable codes and accepted drafting standards.
- Create installation drawings to be used by the construction installers and advisors.
- Assist with development and maintenance of CAD Library of project technical information and standard and custom models, parts and assemblies.
- Assist project managers and installation advisors with technical issues as required.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or relevant technical degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience in design or a similar position.
- Knowledge of DFM/DFMA processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding, forming, and machining.
- Knowledge of material characteristics and selection, particularly for corrosive environments.
- Understanding and familiarity with drafting standards, ASME Y14.100 and GD&T standards.
- Advanced capability in SolidWorks and AutoCAD is a must
- Experience with PDM or PLM systems would be considered an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Dependent on the project, occasional travel will be required with little advanced notice. Must be able to travel globally without restrictions.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Weekly lunch time Yoga, Meditation, and Zumba classes
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- Subsidized MSP coverage
- Health Spending Account $$
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.