WhiteWater West is seeking a Product Development Manager to join our Product Development team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will become a key member of the Product Development team managing the development and deployment of New Products. The position is key to applying engineering know-how to manage and contribute to the teams involved in the design, prototyping, refinement, value engineering and eventual commercial release of New Products. The Product Development Manager has sound mechanical engineering aptitude, the ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups, and a strong understanding of product design and release procedures. You will be working very closely with Product Development engineers and Mechanical Design technicians within the Product Development group, and other contributing members within engineering, manufacturing and project management functional groups, in ushering new products to market.
- Manage Development Project deployment through a Stage Gate process.
- Interpretation of design requirements into product features and specifications to be managed in the development cycle.
- Assemble multi-disciplinary engineering teams as necessary for development project execution.
- Program management of large scale new ride design initiatives.
- Responsible for detailed product development planning and scheduling – including budget, regulatory requirements, resourcing, schedule, and risk assessments.
- Product risk and hazard analysis via DFMEA.
- Oversee the prototype design and build of the New Product in keeping with the prescribed product development plan.
- Identify critical design components for testing and subsequently assist in the development of design of experiments to validate the designs
- Involved in managing the design verification of New Products once deployed, coordinating any learnings to refine engineering designs.
- Review designs for manufacturability and constructability.
- Ensure that product structure via BOMs and database entries is defined and maintained.
- Work with manufacturers on developing assembly details and work instructions for complicated parts.
- Engineering degree; Eng. preferred, registered or eligible to be registered with APEGBC
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience with project management
- Experience with NPI (New Product Introduction) processes
- Experience with Solidworks vaults, PDM and PLM systems
- Experience with product/machine design is preferred
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Lunch time yoga and meditation classes
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account $$
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.