WhiteWater West is seeking a Mandarin Speaking Proposal Coordinator to join our Sales Operations team at our Richmond head office! Reporting to the Manager of Sales Operations, the Proposal Coordinator manages the proposal process from start-to-finish to ensure high quality, competitive responses to comprehensive RFP, RFI’s, Tender Enquiry Documents and related documents. In this position, you will work with stakeholders across engineering, design, estimating, and sales to coordinate and prepare time-sensitive, complex bid and proposal requirements in both Mandarin and English. Successful candidates MUST be Mandarin-speaking, highly organized, detail-oriented, and committed to excellence. Ideally, you bring experience as a Proposal Coordinator but a Project Management or Sales background is also welcomed.
- Read, interpet, translate, and establish the requirements in RFP, RFI’s and Tender Enquiry Documents in both Mandarin and English.
- Manage bid kick-off meetings by liasing with relevant stakeholders to discuss submission requirements and facilitate Q&A.
- Draft scope of work and specification text for inclusion in documents.
- Prepare schedules and communicate deadlines for all processes and deliverables to stakeholders.
- Ensure timely creation and collation of all documentation (ie. specifications, drawings, estimates)
- Assemble, draft, edit and review proposal copy for compliance, accuracy and content, and coordinate/participate in review sessions with team members to ensure the integrity of all documents.
- Conduct review of past completed submission documents for improvement of accuracy of future submissions.
- Take ownership of bid document library maintenance.
- Assist sales operations initiatives as required.
- Previous experience as bid or proposal coordinator is preferred. A background in Project Management, Sales, or Engineering is also welcomed.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience preferably working within the Construction, Engineering, or Architecture space.
- Fluent written and spoken Mandarin & English is MANDATORY for translating, writing and editing.
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting construction/engineering drawings.
- Familiarity with Construction RFP documents is an asset
- Be able to work accurately under pressure is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required. An understanding of design software such as InDesign (or similar) would be an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Lunch time yoga and meditation classes
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account $$
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.