WhiteWater West is seeking a Structural Drafter, Senior to join our Structural Engineering Team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will provide time effective and accurate engineering drafting and design support to the engineering design teams. The position may lead to the supervision of a team of drafters.
- Prepare engineering drawings for waterslide supports and towers.
- Responsible for component assembly processes.
- Responsible for CAD management within the structural Department and liaises with Solidworks manager.
- Supports the Drafting manager in hiring and staff reviews
- Coordinate work with other related discipline engineers, drafters and departments.
- Mentor and assist less experienced drafting staff by checking and providing feedback.
- Learn and use customized software in preparing engineering drawings for waterslide supports (SPEED, etc.).
- Use Non-Compliance Reporting (NCR) / Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures.
- Contribute to the development of departmental teamwork and efforts to improve efficiency.
- Diploma in Civil / Structural Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 8 years of engineering drafting experience with a primary focus on structural steel drafting and detailing.
- Advanced knowledge of structural steel
- Advanced computer skills required including SolidWorks, 2D and 3D AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Revit is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Weekly lunch time Yoga, Meditation, and Zumba classes
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- Subsidized MSP coverage
- Health Spending Account $$
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.